I apologize to my biggest (and quite likely only) fan Shelbi for not having kept my pitiful blog updated. I have been busier than Aunt Jemima at a pancake breakfast.
Where do I start?
Well my days of consuming glasses of wine and relaxing seem to be a thing of the past. Not by choice but because I have a lot of shit on the go. Buying a house is a lot of drain on the brain and I can honestly say it's a way different kind of stress than school ever was. I am so excited to move in but not looking forward to the obvious assload of work to do.
We are moving into a house on Pleasant street. It's a pleasant street actually, go figure! It all happened pretty quickly, and the closing date is in less than 10 days. Still so much more to do before then! And then the actual moving!
Moving reminds me of packing up boxes, which I have done a few times. Shelbi and I said goodbye to a dear friend once when we were moving out of Vic place. He was actually deeply missed. Oh Chester. This time it's hard because juggling all of this with a more-often-than-not-more-than-full-time-job is next to impossible. Speaking of work, omfg.
At work, in the last two weeks, we've had software updates, and went online with 'pharmacy network' and workflow. Well, this has been a nightmare. It wastes sooo much time. Apparently it's supposed to streamline everything and inform us of important drug interactions, etc. Let me tell you, for all the extra work it's hardly worth it. Instead of telling someone their prescription will be 15 minutes, we now are more likely to tell you 45 minutes to an hour. This pisses people off, and rightfully so, but do any of them honestly think I enjoy holding out on their shit? No, I want you out of the store as fast as you came in. It's a lose-lose situation for everyone.
And all of this for a fucking window that pops up every god damn time telling me useless interactions, or ones that even my 9 month old puppy would know. Now, because i work for a large company there is always someone telling us our sales aren't high enough, our Rx volume isn't high enough, we are using too many hours, etc. How the hell are we supposed to do MORE work with LESS people and software that is slower than dial-up? I am not the only one. Everyone that works for the company seems to have been on edge lately and it makes me happy to know I'm not going fucking crazy.
I, however, am contracted and so I basically have to shut my trap and just smile for the next 2 years at work. At that point, depending on if things get better, I may still be there. I've always wanted to be a pilot...
Other than the obvious stressors in my life, a few minor ones here and there seem to make themselves welcome. The nagging need for a winter-tire change, an oil change, laundry (there is always fucking laundry...always. Does it ever stop), bills, bills, laundry, oh wait. Spaying the dog. Gotta get that done before she has her womanly time again. I do not ever want to live through that again. Her PMS is the worst! Even more so than Shelbi's! Haha. I kid. But no really. She forgets that the bathroom is OUTSIDE. FOR 3 WEEKS!
It snowed today finally. Not very much, and it was only -2, but I can honestly say holy shit. There are more hills downtown here than in all of Saskatchewan. Cars were sliding down them sideways. Accidents galore. Just a shitty weather day basically but apparently it's supposed to rain and stay around +7 all week so can kiss the snow goodbye for a while! I don't miss the -30 mornings. I will not miss scraping windows and plugging in cars.
I'm fucking exhausted.
Shelbi where's your blog at y'all.
Til next time
I'm a fan too, jerkface!
ReplyDelete